Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Heart Food

Oops! I totally meant to write about Kuala Lumpur before the Maldives since that was our stop after Hong Kong, but I guess I got too eager for the Maldives.


The thing I enjoyed most in KL was the food. The food there has a lot of Chinese influences, and there is tons of Indian food.  Curries and skewers galore! Unfortunately a lot of was street food, which is bad news bears for my intestines.



Aside from eating, we went to the Batu Caves and saw a bunch of monkeys roaming freely, attacking tourists and their food goods.  (When we got back, I FB stalked Usher's Fan Page and saw that he went to the Batu Caves earlier in the month!!!! Oh Usher.)

We also walked around more of those high end malls.  WHAT great deals they had! Sales left and right, like 70% off at Jimmy Choo, but alas, nothing that fit my budget -- or my feet. Sadsies.

But oh gosh, I think the thing that left a lasting impression on me is those effing KL cabbies. They rip you off SO badly, and there isn't much you can do about it. Even when we tried to bargain for a flat rate, the cabbie would go tell his other cabbie friends in their cabbie langugage not to take us for less than x amount of ringitts. One cabbie we took for the metered price even went so far as to take us down the wrong streets multiple times, doing U-Turns, WHILE heading to the wrong destination, then pretended he didn't know where KL Tower was. He even "asked the cab behind us for directions", and then while idling at a traffic light, he straight up turned the car off to pretend the car stalled. Come on now. You don't know how to get to the big tower that's lit up OR drive a car?


I'm glad I got to see and experience part of KL, but I don't think it's my cup of tea. Maybe when I'm rich and can have a personal driver take me around to shop the amazing deals then I'll return ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment